In the process of creation.
What is the Res Populi Club of Britain?
- The Res Populi Club of Britain is a civic-political organisation that promotes the values and organizational principles of classical republicanism.
- It is registered in the National Registry of Non-Profit Organisatoins of the Home Office, ___ Section, with the number __________.
- It has a federal structure: it will be formed by Res Populi Clubs at three levels (villages or neighbourhoods, cities and regions) and will be integrated in a federation of Res Populi Clubs at three levels (world sub-region, world region and world).
Constitution of the Res Populi Club of Britain
- The Constitution of the Club is based on that of the American Political Clubs.
- It blends elements of the constitution of the Roman republic (annual rotation of executive officers), the American republic (separation of powers) and the Swiss republic (direct democracy).
- It guarantees gender equality at 50% in the performance of Club offices.
Purpose of the Club
The purpose of the Club is to promote the values and organizational principles of classical republicanism both in the public sphere and among private organizations by:
- encouraging the participation of its members in formulating the priorities, policies and programs of the Club;
- monitoring the policies, programs and legislation of public authorities, as a basis for developing reform proposals and conducting research on relevant subjects;
- proposing reforms in the constitutions and statutes of public and private organizations;
- conducting research and publishing reports and articles on relevant subjects;
- organizing public fora and events to present the priorities, policies, programs, reform proposals and publications of the Club;
- raising funds for implementation of Club activities;
- recruiting new members for the Club;
- mobilizing the community, including those who may not have previously participated in the political process, to implement the priorities, policies and reform proposals of the Club;
- endorsing candidates for public office who are committed to furthering the priorities, policies and reform proposals of the Club;
- securing the adoption of such priorities, policies and reform proposals by public authorities;
- cooperating with like-minded organizations in achieving common goals.
- Action 1: promote the formula of liberty in Britain as a new way of organization for villages, cities, regions and the state, as well as for private organizations.
- Action 2: propose the international city-state as an alternative status for specific British cities (cities that because of their history, ethnic composition or geographical location are suitable for this status), and develop a plan for the integration of Britain and the international city-states into an international state.
- Action 3: develop an economic model based on perfect competition and a plan for its implementation in Britain.
Organs of the Club
- The General Assembly
- The Officers – Executive Power
- Presidents for the year 20__ (in alphabetical order):
- Secretary for the year 20__:
- The Council – Legislative Power
- The Constitutional Committee – Judicial Power
- All those individuals who are in sympathy with the principles and values of the Club may apply for membership of the Res Populi Club of Britain.
- The rules on Membership can be found in Article 6 of the Constitution of the Res Populi Club of Britain.
- To apply for membership, please send us an email through the Contact section of this website writing "Application for membership" in the Subject box. In the Message box, please write a short description of your profile, your city and the reasons for which you apply.
- The member shall pay a Club due of 110 £ each year.