Purpose of the Club
The purpose of the Club is to promote the values and organizational principles of classical republicanism both in the public sphere and among private organizations by:
- encouraging the participation of its members in formulating the priorities, policies and programs of the Club;
- monitoring the policies, programs and legislation of public authorities, as a basis for developing reform proposals and conducting research on relevant subjects;
- proposing reforms in the constitutions and statutes of public and private organizations;
- conducting research and publishing reports and articles on relevant subjects;
- organizing public fora and events to present the priorities, policies, programs, reform proposals and publications of the Club;
- raising funds for implementation of Club activities;
- recruiting new members for the Club;
- mobilizing the community, including those who may not have previously participated in the political process, to implement the priorities, policies and reform proposals of the Club;
- endorsing candidates for public office who are committed to furthering the priorities, policies and reform proposals of the Club;
- securing the adoption of such priorities, policies and reform proposals by public authorities;
- cooperating with like-minded organizations in achieving common goals.
- Action 1: promote the formula of liberty in Lebanon as a new way of organization for villages, cities, regions and the state, as well as for private organizations.
- Action 2: propose the international city-state as an alternative status for specific Lebanese cities (cities whose history, ethnic composition or geographical location makes them suitable for such status) and develop a plan for the integration of Lebanon and the international city-states into an international state.
- Action 3: develop an economic model based on perfect competition and a plan for its implementation in Lebanon.